Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snow in Vegas

It was an awesome day, don't ge tme wrong I have NO desire to like in the snow, but for a day or two it was fun. The forecast was simply for snow in the mountains. Around noon we got a few flurries and we were really excited. But it kept coming and coming harder and harder. By four o clock we were in the middle of an all out storm.
We got quite a bit at our house- the kids were able to make snow angels.
They played outside all night with Jason until they were frozen, they were afraid to come in because we knew it wouldn't stay long.

The next morning there was still quite a bit on the ground. Here is the funniest part- they actually called a snow day for school. I was laughing so dang hard, the district thought the roads would be to icy, what a bunch of sissys!


They even has enough to build two little snow men. They were out there all morning but no shocker by eleven o' clock it was gone. Oh well it was fun while it lasted and it was one for the record books around here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is so awesome that your kids were able to play in the snow. I love their little snowmen! How cute are they?!?

Leslie said...

You think they're sissies? In Cincinnati, they cancelled school one day because it was COLD. They had so many snow days when there was just a light dusting on the ground. I had to keep explaining to Ben that it wouldn't be like that in Colorado.

Ash said...

St George are a bunch of nancies as well!

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

Yeah, I was laughing so hard. If I remember correctly, in Ely, they didn't call school quite so easily. They are quite sissified here. I also took a ton of snow pictures !