Monday, February 9, 2009

Sydney Has Arrived...

And here it begins. My labor usually comes pretty early but that is due to my water breaking. This was a very different experience.

Daniel had his 1st blue and gold dinner for scouts Tuesday night. (Where he got his 1st 3 awards, I was SO proud) When we got home I was having a few light contractions but I'd been having these for many weeks now and thought nothing of it. I woke up around 1:30 am with some heavier contractions, waited for a few more then called Jas at work. They were getting worse but I was terrified of being that person who couldn't tell the difference and didn't want to be sent home for false labor. I told Jas not to come home yet but after another 15 min of mild contractions he decided he was coming anyway.



I was glad he did because by the time he got home they were 3 minutes apart and HARD! He had already called my mom and so I started getting everything together. My mom was so wonderful, she took care of everything for the next few days for us!


This is me at 2:30 in the morning trying to smile on our way out. When we got to the hospital we explained to them that I have a history of fast labor so I wanted drugs now. They had to get me hooked up and monitor me for a few first. They checked me and I was already a 5. They kept double checking her heart rate and something wasn't right. The nurses thought maybe they were getting my heart rate not the baby because it was so low. They tried everything, moving me to my side, giving me more oxygen but the heart rate kept dipping lower and it wasn't strong to begin with.



They finally called the Dr. and the rest was sort of a whirlwind from there. The anisthesiologist came in and I was so grateful to have some relief. Dr. Paul got there and checked me I was at a 9 and about ready to go, he kept checking the paper and didn't think that her heart would tolerate the delivery. He is not one of those C-Section happy Dr.'s so he was trying to decide what to do. Jas told him to do whatever is best for the baby and that was that.



In less than 4 minutes I wasin the Operating Room fully prepped with tins of people scurrying everywhere. I was trying not to be nervous but I was terrified. No one was offering me any sort of "don't worry" or "it will be okay" so I knew it was scarry. Jas was so calm but I could see it in his eyes- he was very familliar with what was going on.



Dr. Paul had her out in 38 seconds. All it took was to hear her cry and I cried. They rushed her out very quickly but told me everything was fine.

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful doctor. He is so amazing. Dr. Paul delivered 3 out of our 4 kids and was wonderful with every one. We can't thank him enough for everything, it is a good feeling to be able to completely trust your doctor!






Sydney Cora Law was born at 4:19 am and weighed 5' 14" (And yes I FINALLY got my brown hair baby!)

As you can see my dream of achieving that perfect hospital picture (beautiful hair and make up) was once again dashed! ( : Once they finally brought her to me, the Dr. explained that he was absolutely shocked that everything was okay. He said as bad as that paper was reading, he expected her to come out with problems. I also later learned that a lot of those people in the OR were the NICU team. I feel so grateful and blessed that she came out so healthy and absolutely beatuful!



Our self portrait.

One proud papa! I am so happy that my little beauty looks just like her daddy!

Hailee is SO thrilled to finally have a baby sister.


As the biggest brother Daniel has always been excited every time a new baby comes, this was no exception.


Con as the former baby is of course the one we worried about the most but he has shown no resentment, only love. He wants to help do everything, he tells everyone- this is my baby.



Our first family picture.


Grandma G and Con brought Sydney her 1st Minnie Mouse, and they are sitting on her very special blanket from her Great Grandma Law. Grandma makes these beautiful blankets for every baby and all of my kids still sleep with them. Grandma Law is also her namesake. Cora is Grandma Law's middle name. Grandma is so amazing! Wonderful and kind, we love her so much that we wanted our baby to be named after her.
Her first name not as sentimental but still fun. Jas and I used to watch Alias, it was our favorite show! Jennifer Garner's character was named Sydney and we have loved that name since then. (Especially Jas!)


After having 3 perfect vaginal deliveries, recovering fom a C- Section was a whole new world for me! I won't go into details about how painful the recovery has been, everyday is better and better. But I will say that I have a new respect for women who have done this (Especially my sisters) and I will be much more sypathetic in the future to my friends and family that have them.
It was a lot harder than I expected but I am so lucky to have Jason here to take care of me. He came back and forth between the hospital so many times everyday. Taking care of the kids and then taking care of me. He took care of everything and since I've been home, he hasn't let me do anything, he is still taking care of everything and spoiling me rotten! I am so lucky to be able to have this time to recover.
I was always used to going home the next day so after 3 days in the hospital- I WANTED TO GO HOME! This is us on our way out the door.


My mom helped the kids make me a gorgeous banner for our arrival, it says welcome home mom and Sydney.

Is she not the most perfect little angel!


I can't believe I have 4 kids now! They are wonderful and the older 3 have been so helpful with their baby sister. I have such wonderful friends and family. Thank you to all those who have come to visit us and brought us yummy food (and fudge), and for all the thoughtful gifts we have recieved!

23 comments:

Ash said...

SWEET I an first!!! This weekend was so fun, regardless of how cranky I was. It was so nice to finally see some brown hair in that bunch!! I sure love you!!

Monica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful! I am so glad that everything turned out great. That sounds like it was scary for awhile. You look great!

chanel said...

WOW!!!! I thought I better check just in case and HERE SHE IS!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!! I am soooo glad she is safe and healthy, WHAT A STORY!! It sounds so scary, but you are a champ! Yay for your wonderful husbnad too! We have some amazing men behind us! COuldn't do it without them. Your kids are just precious, so glad everyone is so in love! TAKE IT EASY and know Im sending you all my love and well wishes!!! HAPPY DAY BROWN HAIR!! so cool!

Kirsten said...

She is adorable! I'm glad that everything turned out okay and that you guys are home. Congrats!

Whit and Jake said...

Oh my gosh she did come early. I am so happy that everything turned out so well! She is adorable, I especially love her cheeks. Congratulations to you and your whole family! And by the way, your after birth photo looks great.

The Pfau's said...

She is Beautiful!! I love how happy your older kids look holding her. What a scary delivery- I am so glad that everthing turned out ok. I totally feel for you on the c-section! Good job Jason for spoiling you. Congratulations! And YAY for brown hair!

Val said...

I love all of the hair!!You look great, are you sure you just had a baby?
congrats!!!

Erica said...

Congratulations! She is really cute! Let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! I have to say that I had a very similar story with Addison. She was only 4 lbs and her heart rate kept dropping every time I had a contraction, but I didn't dialate. The doctor said he doesn't know how it is possible, but I got tighter. C-Sections are not fun, but I am SO happy for you that you have a wonderful husband to take care of you. I think that makes ALL the difference! Sydney is beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Beth said...

Congratulations on another little cutie! It won't be long before she is an expert on Disneyland!

VivaLasFloyds said...

Yea! She's beautiful!!

Becky said...

Beautiful lil pink bundle! Welcome to earth Sydney. :) I'm happy to know all is well. Happy bigger family to you all!

Sims Mom said...

Emergency C section huh. That will keep you from having more kids. She is beautiful, the last one is always he most spoiled!

About Me said...

Congrats:) She is so cute, I love all her dark hair!!

Kara said...

Yay she's here! She is so cute and tiny. I loved reading this post because it sounds so familiar to me. I'm so glad everything is ok, and I hope you are feeling ok. Congratulations!

Grahm and Ashley said...

Wow, she's so tiny!! That's a crazy story, but you did better then I would have in the same situation!!I can't belive hhow much brown hair she has!! SOoo adorable!! Please tell me if you need anything!!

TajiaFay said...

YAY! I cannot even wait to see my new little child! :) I have a feeling i might be able to take this one around and claim her as my own! (not like i don't do that with the rest of them anyways!) :) I love you all and i cannot wait to meet my mini me:) hah ive always wanted one. hah Love you. Tajia Fay.

Stuart and Sarah said...

Ashley told me to call you and I never got a spare minute to do so. Know I know why. Cute little Syndey (PS I LOVE Alias too). She is adorable and looks like a baby (not an alien ;-)) Congrats to you both and to your family! I will always remember her birthday, it is the same as my mom's :)

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

She IS a doll! Thanks so much for letting me hold so long the other night! She is so beautiful! Love you guys!
P.S.Let us know how we can help.

Aubrey Dixon said...

Page, she is absolutely beautiful! I couldn't help myself from tearing up when I was reading your post - having a healthy baby is a miracle every single time! I am so happy for you and am glad that you have so much help and support, especially with a c-section. Congratulations!!!

Jerry and Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you, and so glad everything worked out great. She is beautiful! We will definitely get our Sydney's together soon.

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

page I'm so excited my family isn't sick anymore so we can come see you guys! i have quarantined my family for the last little while, so I've only seen sydney once :( i love you! adorable pics, of course!

Ipuna Black said...

What a crazy experience! Scary! I'm glad the outcome ended well. She is perfect.