Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth!

Okay, I apologize in advance for the picture overload but believe it or not, this is actually the slimmed down version. Our wonderful Disney adventure started at 5:30 am we loaded up and headed out- we got to Disneyland at 11:30 am. No it should not have taken that long but here is why. They closed all the freeways that we needed due to the fires, the fires were so close to us. They detoured us to some unknown freeways heading for LA. We had to call my friend Bridget who lives in California and have her walk us through getting "unlost."
Once we got there of course we forgot the drama of an extra long drive. We visited as many characters as we could. Con had to hug and kiss every one of them.

Disneyland is beautiful during the holidays, we tried to take as many family pictures as we could- I though this might be useful for Christmas cards.

At the end of the night, riding the train to the exit sure comes in handy!

Anyone want to guess why I am not on the teacups?? Besides being pregnant, they just make me want to barf. You should have seen me after I had to take Con on Dumbo.


This ended up being the most popular ride for the trip. Connnor was tall enough for the Matterhorn and he loved it. He wanted to ride it over and over. Lucky for us there was hardly any lines so they rode it over and over. Con was really funny- he would get really angry that he could not ride the other roller coasters- he has to grow another couple of inches and all will be well with the world.


Our little bugs- Daniel and Hailee get a kick out of the bugs life show- Connor loved to wear the bug eyes but did not care for the show. Jason had to take him out during the scary bugs part- he freaked!

Who doesn't love a good carousel ride? (Me- they make me want to barf too)


We were lucky enough to run into Mickey several times, and usually before the lines got to long.


We also happened to be there on Mickey Mouse's birthday. This was his birthday celebration in front of the castle.

Mickey's house in Toontown. Another possible Christmas card?


Proof that Pluto is a cougar fan. He took Daniel's hat and put it on right before the picture. Con kept trying to lick Pluto and give him doggie kisses.


Small world had been closed for over a year and was suppossed to open on Friday. We were a little bummed because our last day was Wednesday and Con had never been to Small World. We heard little buzzings that they might do a soft opening on Wednesday so that afternoon we wandered over and saw a small line forming, we thought- what the heck? We jumped in line and 20 minutes later they opened the line, we were on the 4th boat of the new Small World, we were so excited! It was the Christmas version and it was so cool, they even added scent to certain rooms, Hailee loved the peppermint.


Con wouldn't nap he was so excited. He fought it until he lost the battle with exhaustion. These power naps never lasted very long though and it was just enough to kick him into a second wind.


This is the best end of trip picture. When we got home late that night Hailee went into her room to get ready for bed. This was as far as she made it. She got her shoes off and collapsed. We were all pretty tired but it was such a fun trip. I think November might be our new favorite time to go.

16 comments:

Beth said...

What a fun family vacation!

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

Your pictures have made me more Disney hungry than I already was! The kids look adorable, that one with Hailee was so funny! I can't wait til our whole family can go one of these days.

Ash said...

I dont think there is such a thing as too many pictures!! Love it! I am totally going next year. Oh-I also love your match-ie match-ie shirts! (how many tries did it take you to sneak it over Jasons head?)

Steph said...

What a fun trip! It's nice that your family loves Disney so much!

Sims Mom said...

Ok, so you look pregnant in the Mickey picture. I no longer think it is a hoax. Loved talking to you but would have been better in person!

Page said...

My mom used to dress us is matching shirts and now I know why-it is so much easier to do a headcount when they are all wearing the same thing. Love that dang Disney outlet! As for the Incredibles shirts, they were just too cute to pass up and oddly Jason didn't put up a fight. (The shirt makes his muscles look really big) ( :

About Me said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! We are going next weekend and looking at your pictures got me so much more excited!

Stuart and Sarah said...

I LOVE the picture where you can see your cute little baby bump! I am so jealous you guys live so close to California and can just go to Disneyland. Love the family pictures and matching shirts. Christmas cards for SURE!!

Ash said...

He does have big guns!

chanel said...

Oh my gosh! How JEALOUS am I??????
First I LOVE your multiple MATCHING shirts!!!! You so totally rock!
I think the Mickey & fam pict is PERFECT for Chrsitmas cards- hello look how ADORABLE your belly is!!! YAHOO!!!
I so miss being able to drive to Disney- you're so lucky- thanks for enjoying it so much, I live vicariously through you.
And hello! Way to go getting on Small WOrld! It was closed when we were there and my girls still talk about what a bummer. SCENT??? We have got to get there!!!!!
LOVE YA!!!!!

Whit and Jake said...

Holy cow, when were you guys there? Jake and I went and met some friends on Saturday, November 15th, maybe we barely missed eachother. I too love the decor for the holidays. Last year we were able to see it before Halloween so I was excited to see it all Christmased out this year. You guys look like you had the best time...I know we did!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

How great is that!! What a great trip! I am so glad you got to make these memories with your family! You do have a nice baby bump, now! How exciting! Miss you guys even though I am just down the street!

SeƱora H-B said...

Hello from a long-lost high school classmate. What a cute family! I miss living even remotely close to Disneyland. Someday...

Hope all is well!

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

Ok, I am making an official plea...

I should call or email but at least this is getting the ball rolling. Let's get together next week. The week of the 15th. We have company that leaves Tues AM and are open beyond that. Okay. Can't wait. It's (I don't know what) going to be very fun!

Ipuna Black said...

Fun! Nice update!

Do you know Meegan's e-mail? I want to be added to her blog because it is private. Thanks! Or give her my e-mail.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Thanks for the "Incredible" Christmas card! Love you guys!