
Day after, I am not ashamed to post these pictures. My dad and I went to the McCain rally the night before this country elected Obama as Dictator, I mean President. I am 100% proud of my support of my candidate. I think America got it wrong- they elected a very dangerous and radical man to ruin I mean run this country. I think that time and history will prove this was a very bad decision. Change is coming but I don't think it will be for the better. This is my feeling but I hope I am wrong.

You know how they say you should never write a letter while you are angry- this is me calmed down. Last night I went through a variety of emotions. Shock and disbelief, sadness and despair, anger, and I finally settled on calm. Let's just say I'll take this as a sign of the times. Plus, my sister in law Jill reminded me of something last night. She referred me to this last conference and 2 specific talks. The first was the talk on always having hope and the second was President Monson's talk on living for today. He talked about how while we need to think about the future, we can't worry about it when it ruins our todays. We need to enjoy every moment and every day. I've decided that while I am very upset right now- the situation is out of my control. I can not control the results but I can control how I handle it and respond to it. My focus right now is strengthening my family and my testimony.
Though the outcome is dissapointing- I am glad it's over, I don't think I could take one more political ad! This political junkie is taking a break- I am saving my energy for 2 more years when I can join the fight to get Dirty Harry out of the Senate, he's embarrassed Nevada long enough!
I think I need to put my Christmas tree up now to cheer me up! ( :
13 comments:
Im really sorry you're this upset. I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised in the next few years, he really does care and love this country and if you give him a chance you'll see it. Or you can be like me and be bitter like I have been the past few years and no matter what the President says you still want to puke. :)
That is cool that you got to the go to the rally. Since it was history in the making, you got to see some history since McCain didn't win (I wanted him too). Also I stole your Santa, he is super cute!
You are great! I love your passion! Christmas trees sound fun! I think I will follow your lead.
Read the words to Hymn #124, Be Still My Soul, but try not to get nauseous when the word "change" comes up twice in the text...
YOU TELL EM'!
You are so cute there with your Dad, good times! My 17 year old is definitely a political junkie too and I am glad it is OVER!
You know how I feel. It has taken some soul-searching, but we can continue the good fight behind the scenes. Conservatism isn't dead--it wasn't really even represented this time. It will be my mission to see it back to the front of public discourse once again. We can still fight for conservative principles without the hatred and bitterness that the left has shown the last 8 years.
I was wondering how you were holding up. I was afraid to ask. I'm glad you wrote your blog when you felt a little better. If it makes you feel better, you look really cute :)
That is the philosophy I live by... If it out of my control, don't stress! The next 4 will be interesting to say the least!
Yeah, I just hope he is all talk. I didn't find him as horrible as everyone else until I heard him say from his very own mouth that the greatest failure of the Civil Rights Movement was that there was no redistribution of wealth. Yes, he seriously said that, and now he's our president, yipee.
I love you Page. Thanks for your comments. I agree! Just hope & pray at this point. Miss you guys! Hope all is well!
love this post. i completely agree with you! just close your eyes and hold your breath... hopefully it goes by quickly.
I am sooo on the same page or wait I just used your name in the sentence :) but anyway I am with you on all that! I pray that the next four years will pass quickly without too much pain :) I hope that we aren't all praying on mats four times a day when the bell tolls by the time he leaves office :) hee hee Love your spirit!! Oh and number 150 is up :)
Post a Comment