Wednesday, August 22, 2012

HAWAII!!

So Jason and I took our first real grown up without kids trip since we've been married.  Jason had secretly been saving for years and gave this trip to me for Christmas the year before.  We went to Hawaii with some family and friends for the BYU vs. Hawaii football game.  We missed the kids like crazy but had an absolute blast!
 First stop when we got off the plane was Pearl Harbor, it was a very peaceful and spiritual place.  They were setting up for the 70th anniversary of the attack which was just a few days after we visited.
 
 We went a few days ahead of the group and Robbie fixed us up with a nice room, this was our view of Waikiki from our room.
 
I told Jas I took this picture cause he looked like a scene from Baywatch, we wasted no time in getting in the water.
 
We rented this house for the whole group. It was a really nice size and there was a room for every couple. 
 Here's most of the gang getting ready to go to the game.
 
 We won! :)
 
 After Jason and Robbie got to talk to Ty Detmer for just a minute, Jas was so happy to get to meet one of his childhood heroes.
 
 A lot of people relax when they go to Hawaii, we opted for the go see and do as much as possible option.
 
 Hike to Waimea Falls.
 
 With Garrett and Camille under the waterfall.
 

 Our matching rental Jeeps.
 
Whole group; Tajia, Jarrett, his sister Kaylee and his parents Lori and Wade.  Robbie and Annie, Garrett and Camille, Chad and Rochelle and us!

 We were told that Matsumoto shaved ice was a MUST!  It was in reality the best snow cone I've ever had in my life!
 
 Jason and I took an ATV tour through the mountains where a lot of movies were filmed.  Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Lost were a few.
 
We were dorks, recreating the scene where Drew Barrymore kicks the crap out of a guy. Haha
 
And we got to visit the set of Journey 2, The Mysterious Island.

We also went on a submarine dive to the bottom of the ocean.  I got a little nauseated on the boat ride out to the sub but it was really cool!

We made it a point to stop at several side of the road shrimp trucks- the coast was covered in local shrimp farms.
 

Jason climbed a coconut tree in our back yard and the owner showed him how to schuck and break a coconut to get the juice and meat (which I did not enjoy)!
Message we sent home to the kids.
 

Jason's favorite place to dive, Hunama Bay.
 

Went to a local ward and then visited the temple grounds.
 

We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, they had a fun luau and an amazing evening show!
 






I think Jason is part fish.  We went snorkeling every single day at as many beaches as we could.
 


More than anything Jason really anted to swim with a shark and with the turtles.  He never got to see a shark but we found the turtles, he spent much time chasing and filming them.
 


I didn't go out with him the whole time but this is a picture of me almost getting eaten by a giant turtle.  Ok not really but a huge wave came in and swept a turtle right into my face, I swear it snapped right at my face.  Ok probably not really but I got so scarred I swam backwards right into a reef and got cut up pretty good, Jason of course was taking pictures and laughing- silly boy, it was pretty funny!
 

Our last night we ate at a fun restaurant on the beach where you get to cook your own meat.
 

One of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen, the sunset was the perfect way to end our perfect trip!
 

1 comment:

Sims Mom said...

Quite a different Hawaiian experience than the one in high school :)