Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy 30 to me!

I was approaching the age of 30 with mixed feelings, first horror that I was actually another decade old, then disbelief- I really didn't feel older than 25 or so but then I really thought about it. I remember my parents when they were 30, they didn't seem old to me them and they still don't seem old to me now. That made me feel so much better.

Jason had to work on my birthday and we were pretty bummed so we went out the day before. Everyone was coming in town for Daniel's baptism so it was going to be crazy anyway. Everyone was calling me wanting me to do different things with them and I was feeling torn and stressed. I finally figured out a way to accomodate everyone but it was going to be difficult and I was going to have to stick to a very tight schedule- not the way I pictured my birthday.

Dinner with mom, dad, and Ash was first. Drove the kids to the sitter and then mom picked me up. Suddenly she decided we were going to a different restaurant then planned- no mom! That's to far away and will set me back at least 1/2 hour. But first she hadto stop at a friend's hous eto drop something off- now I was getting mad! Don't these people understand the pressure I am under here?? We pulled up to our friends house and suddenly I recognized more than 1 car here. How did I not see this coming? I am the queen of suprise parties not the recipient! I walk in and HOLY COW! My ENTIRE family, Jasons entire family, extended plus some was there! Not to mention half my ward and friends from PTA.

I was flabbergasted (and feeling bad I was getting so mad at my mom). I was so shocked but still a little sad that everyone I loved was in the same room except the one person I love more than anyone. Jason was not there. I went in the other room and called him, he said he had no idea about this and I started to cry- it just wouldn't be the same without him. He tried to comfort me but got a call and had to go. I composed myself enough to walk out and smile for my friends. I sat down and almost strted to cry to my dad when someone from behind gave me a big hug. Jason was there! I couldn't believe it (me being the baby I am started to cry again) The big brat orchestrated the whole thing for months now- he went to a lot of trouble, it's not easy to get 14 hours off of a 24 hour shift. The food was so fun, mom got Arby sandwiches because beef and cheddars came out in 1978- plus a bunch of other age appropriate food. The 70's music was fun and the kicker was the tribute video made by Jason. He made a DVD of clips from my life- it was hysterical and some parts were SOOOO embarrasing but I loved every minute of it.

Thanks to the Fasts for hosting the event, thanks to Julene for being a partner in crime, Thanks to Mom and Dad for the food, thanks to all my family who helped LIE to me, thanks to friends and family for coming, and thanks to Jason for throwing the most amazing suprise party and for being the most loving and supportive husband. Thank you for adoring me and making me feel like the most important person in the world- I love you!

9 comments:

About Me said...

Happy Birthday and how sneaky of Jason:)

Kirsten said...

That sounds so fun! Happy Birthday, I bet it was very memorable

Stuart and Sarah said...

Where are the birthday pictures??Happy Birthday! That is so cute that Jason planned that party for you. I had to turn the reigns over to my BF Kristie to plan my 30th since Stu is not creative. Oh well. I still love him.
Sounds like you had a great day. I must see you when you come up for
another visit!

Jerry and Sarah said...

What a GREAT birthday! What a sweet husband too. Good job Jason! They better start planning now to be able to top that at your 40th! Happy Birthday

CC said...

i couldn't wait for my 30th! i was so excited, there was no way it was going to be a bad birthday and it got even better when my best friend (she lives in california) surprised me. i truely had no idea and i honestly could not have asked for anything better. i'm glad you had a fun surprise too!

Becky said...

Special family events are wonderful memories. :) And you had two milestones in your family in a week! Wow.

Happy 30th Page.

Hugs,
Aunt Becky

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

That was so much fun to be a part of! You sure have a lot of people that love you. Including us.

Sims Mom said...

Wow we are 30?? When did that happen! Not for me yet but right around the corner. Happy Birthday partner in crime I love you!

Millers said...

Happy birthday. It sounds like it was an awesome day!! We miss you guys.