
We decided we needed some fresh mountain air so we bundled up and went up to Mount Charleston. It is pine nut season and we were excited to fill our bags with the yummy treats, we thought we hit the jackpot, there were pinenuts everywhere that the birds and squirrels had not got yet. After opening a few we were saddened to realize that because of the drought they were all dried up and/or empty .

This is Hailee holding up 1 of the 4 good pine nuts we found. We were sad at our bad luck but we still had a blast up there enjoying the fresh mountain air. Mom and I packed up a picnic so we made an afternoon out of it. I did remember something important though- I HATE THE COLD! Cool yes- cold NO! I don't remember being this freezing cold when I lived in Utah for 5 years but my blood has thinned being here in Vegas and yikes! Jason was making fun of me as he was wearing shorts and never gets cold. I think I would die in Utah and it made me realize that I will suffer through a few hot months here in trade for 8 months of perfect weather. I think it is 88 degrees today- gorgeous! But it was wonderful to get up in the mountains and we all had a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment