Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Sydney!


 I feel like all my posting about Sydney's birthday will be a little whiny but here goes... there is just something about your baby getting older, it's very sad, it seems like a countdown now.  A countdown to when they are all gone.  Some days I joke about how fun that will be but really, it makes me sad!  I love spending every minute I can with my kids and watching them grow!  So happy second birthday Syd, where did the time go?

 Birthdays are sort of a big deal around here, I think we had 3 or 4 celebrations!

 Birthday dinner and cake and Grandma and Grandpa G's!





 And what the heck, lunch at Olive Garden.  (Funny side story, they messed up the order, a million things went wrong, kids got pretty much crazy.  A cute little young couple were observing us with slight humor.  On the way out, Jason dared me to say to them, and I did...makes a good case for birth control huh!  Oh it was so funny, we were all rolling!  I was of course joking.  I wouldn't trade our little circus in for anything!) PS at least they gave us free dessert for the trouble. : )

 The off to one of our many favorite ice cream shops for dessert (this was her actual birthday, although from time to time we have been know to do a double desert day)

Bet you can't tell who is a HUGE daddy's girl?

 Like chocolate much Syd?

 And of course presents at home.

 Isn't she adorable, even first thing in the morning?

Happy birthday my little brown eyed, brown hair, turned blonde curly hair, (still) brown eyed beauty.  You bring us more joy than you'll ever know!  Your feisty, independent spirit, and sense of humor keep us full of laughter.  Always full of surprises and we wouldn't have it any other way!  Love you!!

1 comment:

Ash said...

i like the guest you have laying on the floor when syd is opening her presents.